Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Cup Overflows

6.25.13 Where to start...where to start...after many years of wanting to write, I'm finally going to do it. I may not be published and it may be only my hubby that reads it, but none the less, this blog is going to happen! I put it on my list of things to do this summer as my hubby has pushed me encouraged me to find a hobby. For those of you that know me, the last ten years have been extremely blessed but also extremely busy. They have been a whirlwind of figuring out how to be a wife (instructional youtube videos on how to iron a shirt have been no help at all to me), figuring out how to train up our children unto the Lord (much easier said than done) and  figuring out how to finish my bachelor's degree (which now that that's FINALLY said and done, my hubby expects me to USE the degree...something I totally didn't see coming... ;) ).

So, here I am with a few glorious moments of quiet that are completely a gift from God and I'm thinking about time. Very recently we attended a memorial service for our friends' precious newborn baby that went to be in the arms of Jesus after less than four weeks of life on this earth. The baby's daddy had the courage and strength to speak in front of everyone and he referenced James 4:14..."yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." 

I wish I could say that I'll never forget how short life is, and that I'll never be selfish thinking of my time as my own, but the truth is I am a broken sinner in a fallen world. I know in my heart that God has the power to take my last breath but I'm hoping that this blog will somehow help me remember that when I forget so quickly. Each day is His. And since I am His that means that 'my' time is His. 

Today He has given me a perfect day and I need to remember it the next time when I want to complain, throw a pity party or just be downright selfish... 

This morning I kissed my amazingly good-looking, hard-working husband goodbye as he went to work at his job that God has so faithfully provided for us through. Then I made banana bread and yellow cake with fudge frosting-just for fun! Thank you God, by the way, for Trader Joe's and Duncan Hines that make my children think I can bake ;). All my children are healthy right now, and even though they drive each other crazy I know they love being together. I am blessed to be able to stay home with them right now, especially in these summer months when we can have free time to relax together. I love that my kids still like me to read stories to them, and how they still like spending time with me. I got to play racquetball with my oldest, splash in the pool with my youngest and enjoy a beautiful picnic with enough food to feed an army. And the best part of it was that God totally helped me enjoy it, in the moment. My cup overflows today and I thank God for that.   

4 comments: